Folklore Ensemble BULGARE in USA
New York Debut of The National Folk Ensemble BULGARE, on tour throughout the U.S. in a joyous spectacular marking the 100th Anniversary of Bulgaria’s Independence.
National Folklore Ensemble BULGARE presents:
THIS IS BULGARIA
Company of 28 dancers, 2 musicians, and solo vocalist from Sofia, Bulgaria in “This is Bulgaria,” a breathtaking celebration of authentic Bulgarian dance, music and song.
First USA Tour: Chicago 4/4, Boston 4/9, New York 4/11, Washington D.C. 4/12
PETER NORTON SYMPHONY SPACE
Saturday, April 11th , 2009 at 8:00 PM
2537 Broadway at 95th Street,
New York, NY 10025-6990
Tickets range from $25 to $35 and are available at:
- Symphony Space: www.symphonyspace.org (or 212-864-5400)
- 34TH Avenue Liquors (917-402-0380), 41-10 34th Ave., LIC., NY 11101
- Maggie’s Dream Cafe (718-261-2560), 73-01 Yellowstone Blvd, Forest Hills, NY 11375
- Ivo Delicatessen (973-223-4044), 206 Dayton Ave., Passaic, NJ 07055
- Parrot Coffee-Grocery (718-821-2785), 58-22 Myrtle Ave., Ridgewood, NY 11385
- Parrot Coffee-Grocery (718-545-7920), 31-12 Ditmars Blvd., Astoria, NY 11105
We are extremely delighted to present the largest dance and music performance event for the upcoming 2009!!!
BULGARE Folk Ensemble
For the first time in USA
For the first time in New York
For the first time at Symphony Space
See the unique performance which changed Bulgaria and laid the foundation for a new era in the folklore art – “This is Bulgaria.”
After visiting Japan, Russia, Israel, Austria, France, Luxemburg, Belgium, Hungary, Greece, Romania and Macedonia, the largest private professional folklore ensemble in Europe will perform in Peter Norton Symphony Space.
Unique choreography that goes beyond human imagination, songs that earned the right to fly in space* on Voyager, inimitable talents and virtuosos, incredibly beautiful costumes and ornaments, and an avalanche of musical rhythms: All combined with the culture, history and the soul of one of the most ancient countries in Europe – Bulgaria.
The performance “This is Bulgaria” will present the new phenomenon in the world’s culture – ensemble “BULGARE”, with singer Albena Veskova, former soloist of the Le Mystere des voix Bulgares.
* (The song “Izlel e Delyu Haydutin”, part of The Voyager Golden Records is a phonograph record included in the two Voyager spacecraft launched in 1977.)
“No one should miss this performance”
- Anna Nikolova, Russia
“I would have never guessed that this could happen to me in this world and in this life”
- Jens, Dresden, Germany
“Awakening one nation with music, song or dance is not easier than protecting your own country at war.”
- Lilia Resi, Israel
“I have not seen anything like it before”
- Todor Angel, Romania
“I am speechless at what I witnessed”
- Panayotis Karapiperis, Greece